As a person applying for or holding a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), you are required to undergo periodic physical examinations before a license can be issued or renewed to ensure that you meet regulations set by the Department of Transportation. These exam results are valid for up to two years, though your employer may require more frequent physicals. If you are in need of a DOT physical as a part of your license renewal or application process, visit Urgent Care of Mercer County!
What are the medical requirements to pass a DOT physical?
Drivers applying for or renewing a CDL must meet both medical requirements and federal guidelines set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Commission. The medical requirements a driver must meet include:
- Blood pressure of at least 120/80-140/90
- Vision of at least 20/40 in each eye with or without corrective lenses
- The ability to hear a whisper from five feet away
- Confirmed history of being able to manage chronic diseases and symptoms without serious complications or further health issues
- Confirmed history of being able to control health issues with proper medication
- Ability to tell the difference between the colors of traffic lights
- Blood sugar level of 200 or under
DOT Physicals for Commercial Drivers in Hamilton, Trenton & Robbinsville, NJ
If you are in need of a DOT physical to maintain your medical certification for your commercial drivers’ license, visit Urgent Care of Mercer County today! We are a walk-in urgent care center and our staff will be able to perform a physical during our extended hours seven days a week. Most major insurance carriers are accepted. For questions, please call 609-890-4100.
Get the right care,
right when you need it.
Our expert medical team is ready to help. Contact us today!